Daily Assignment Sheets
Here are Tyler's latest assignment sheets.
He has taken it upon himself to teach Bible to his siblings when he is home. He does the memory verse with them and then reads a paragraph out of his teen bible to them.
Tyler is also helping Ryan quite a bit with his work. Older kids helping younger kids is one of the best things about homeschooling. This helps them learn how to communicate and reinforces the things they already know. I am so proud of him.
One of the things we have started doing is having Tyler watch a science or social studies video and then write a report on it for journal. He is really working hard on his anger management workbook and when he spent a couple of days in the truck with Jess, he mapped their trip in the atlas I sent with him. He was very excited about driving by the Arch in St. Louis and seeing all the big buildings in the cities.
In math, Tyler is working on multiplication. We haven't done word problems in a while because he just really understands how to do the addition and subtraction problems we have been working on. As soon as he gets a little bit better with multiplication, we will go back into that.
I don't have it on these worksheets, but tonight, he really took an interest in round loom knitting. I was surprised because when I introduced it last week, he immediately decided it was too complicated and boring. Tonight though, he decided it was very calming and asked if he could do that when he is mad. YES! Something constructive to use that energy on!
In language arts, he is up to writing a minimum of 70 words a day, although he is usually above 100. When we get to the 100 minimum, we will start working on editing. He has been doing his journal on email, however, this week I will introduce him to a word processor. He has kind of been at a standstill on spelling, but I'm not too worried because, for the most part, he is doing well there. He will generally just go over the words until he knows all of them very well and then asks for 3 more. It will come. He is doing very well at writing his name in cursive, so he has started learning the other letters.
The thing that is really surprising is how well he is doing in Spanish. He is learning with Duolingo, which is an adult program and so far, he is figuring it out! I sometimes struggle with it, so if it gets too stressful for him, we will switch to Youtube lessons.
Starting tomorrow, he will be going to the Minecraft club at the Ft. Madison library every couple of weeks. While he is there, we will all choose books to read at home too.
Questions? Please ask!




Comments
Post a Comment